Wednesday, June 10, 2015

What is a Redress Dress?

I promise to have pictures of the completed dress soon.  I also plan on having links to all the Twitter comments sewn onto the dress.  It's an amazing work of political textile art.  The dress has dozens of Tweets posted by people all complaining of the same thing, "Hey my public official blocked me on Twitter and I don't understand why?"

These aren't people who decided to Tweet hateful, threatening, or menacing Tweets to their public officials, these are people who pointed out a simple criticism, disagreement, comment, or request.  

Let's  take a look at a few you will see on the dress:

Jazzmine D. McKnight - @Progress4Ohio posted on 5/21/2015:
#Cleveland Police Blocked Me On Both Accounts,So Did
#CityofCleveland And #ClevelandProsecutor I Did Not Curse
Them Out!THEY HATE THE #TRUTH



Stuart Reynolds - @shaldonangler posted on 5/14/2015:

@teignroy @AngelaGreben Twitter is a broadcast medium - imagine if they were allowed to say "You Roy can't watch TV if I'm on it"!

TXsharon - @TXsharon posted on 3/26/2015:

Dear Twits, Rep. Drew Darby blocked me. I guess he didn't like the pictures from your #fracking backyards. #txlege


AnnetteSchrabClark - @PoetQs  posted on 3/25/2015:
@AngelaGreben In fact I'd rung up a Rep's office 1 time of how to best offer public record for his cosponsored Act. I was advised to Tweet!!

c denise - @C__Denise posted on 9/16/2014:
@SenatorBurr @SenatorHagan @kayhagan The Greenville Chief of Police blocked me on Twitter after I asked him for an investigation.

@C__Denise's Tweet is the one Tweet that absolutely makes my blood boil more than any other.  This is a woman who suffered a terrible tragedy and was blocked on Twitter by her Chief of Police for asking to have her daughter's death investigated.  I have exchanged Tweets with @C__Denise and she let me know that she has since been unblocked, the Chief has retired, and an investigation has been opened.  You can hear more about her story in this radio interview with Lance Scurv at:

You can get a good idea of what kind of Twitter posts appear on my Redress Dress by visiting my Twitter page and viewing my "Favorites" at:





No comments:

Post a Comment